Chinese-Forums

Buying a 4-5" mini tablet for studying

Pengyou

I am a gadget freak - openly admit it. I used to have several different pda's based on the use and function - 10 years ago the selection of apps was pretty limited, so having a couple of pda's made sense...at least, to me :) I then went to a phase where I put all of my portable computing needs on my poor little cell phone. It is fine as long as the battery holds up, and as long as I don't need to do a few things at one time - listen to music, search for a map and use the phone. I have now decided to regress in order to make progress and am considering buying a small (4-5") Android tablet. The tablet is about the same size as the standard index card - I want to use this small tablet to do what I would normally use index cards for - flash cards for Chinese vocab, things to do list, etc.

Has anyone ever bought one of these? Can someone recommend some good brands?

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and its screen size is 5.5 inches. It supports an external micro SD card of up to 64 GB and its internal storage is 16GB. The battery is 3100 mAH (detachable and replaceable). These days I always carry an external battery of 5500 mAh just in case I need it. But I seldom need the extra battery. Perhaps you could consider this model.

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note2/spec.html?type=find

Oh and it comes with a built-in stylus.