Chinese-Forums

How to get a doctor in China? and what about drug (medicine) prescription?

Andrea.dispe

I have a problem I'd wish somebody could help me.

I was supposed to go back home in middle of february but it slipped to an uncertain date and I decided to stay here for 1 year.

I have Hypotyroidism and must take one pillol every morning (named Eutirox) and also I take one pillol of sereupin everyday (at least until i go back home to my doc and start to reduce it in order to quit wiht it).

I was told that delivering medicines from Europe to China is quite difficult since usually at the customs they do controls and block every medicine. However last month my parents achieved to send me something and didn't get any problems with the customs. So i guess it's a matter of fortune.

My doctor said to me to try to search for the medicines (that usually in italy need the medical prescription) directly here in China.

My question is: how can I get a doctor here who could sign those medicines for me? I mean like a family doctor without paying too much?

AFAIK There are no family doctors in China - people go to the hospital or clinic for everything.

You should go to the hospital or clinic at your university if you are a student

Any Western hospital for expats will be expensive.

Take your original prescription and a Chinese friend with you. I'm told the process is complicated.

• Like 1

While it's ideal that you find the medicine here in China, you may want to start planning a contingency (if possible) and get a family member back home to to send you some.

Locally, you'll need the chemical name of the drug translated into Chinese. A local doctor may not know the name or generic brand name.

According to this link, the medicine contains 50 mg of 左甲状腺素钠.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

Chinese equivalents of both of the medications you mention are available. But you need to be real careful about the tablet strength. (Number of milligrams.) Also, the local doctor may want to do a new set of thyroid function tests (a blood test) to see if your dose of that one ("Eutirox") needs to be adjusted. Probably best not to change the dose of the paroxetene ("Sereupin") until you get back home and can be monitored.

These both will probably require a prescription here and would be best obtained from a reputable hospital (to reduce the chance of fakes.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...