Chinese-Forums

Registering for HSK in Shanghai?

NiveaTango

So there is an HSK exam on March 23rd or so I think but the HSK website is pretty rundown and outdated and online registration isn't possible. It says you can just show up on the day to register but that sounds pretty risky. Has anyone else had experience of registering and sitting the HSK(6) in Shanghai?

If you mean the NEW hsk, then you can check the dates on http://www.chinesetest.cn and register online between 1 and 2 months before the exam I think.

They also have contact details for the test centers.

In any case, if the test center you're interested in does not have online registration but it says to register at the center directly, don't wait until the day of the test to register. Contact them ASAP.

(Be warned, the connection of the online registration is not secure, your personal information will transit in the clear on the internet. ah well.)

• 1 month later...

hey NiveaTango,

can you tell me to which testing centre you were planing on going in Shanghai ? im also going for the hsk in Shanghai but I know nothing of which testing centre would be best.

i live in a country wi no hsk, so im taking a trip to shanghai to visit, better my speaking and take the hsk at the same time,

yeah it sounds risky but what is life without challenges ?

we could share our experience about how our proceedings are going on via private message