Chinese-Forums

Tatoo Doubt

querolus

Hi friends!I'm Spanish so i have no idea of Chinese language.I've been tryin some English-Chinese dictionaries to find some words i want to tatoo on my back but i prefer you to guide me in this search.I like too much your language and i definetely will tatoo somethg written in chinese, and, despite in some Tatoo shops here in Spain they have their own catalogue of Chinese symbols,i don't trust them much.I would very pleased if you could tell me which is the Chinese Translation of this english words:

freedom

strength

love

or

free

strong

kind

I want to ask you for this one also: "freedom fighter" (if it had some translation)

Thank you very much.

freedom =自由

strength =力量

love =愛

or

free

strong =強壯

kind=仁慈

freedom fighter=自由斗士

hmmm, better learn more advice on above from others, I ain’t sure my translation is prefect. I think it is hard to change the characters after tattoo.

Hope this helps

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

other people will give you better translations/suggestions than I can, but make sure you check www.hanzismatter.com just so you can see the horrors a tattoist not familiar with chinese can inflict on you if you're not careful. once you choose your characters, show them to a few chinese friends of yours, ask them about the meaning and about the calligraphy, maybe even have them accompany you to the tattoo parlour. a tattoo is something you'll probably have for the rest of your life, and there are simply WAY TOO MANY things that can go wrong with chinese characters, so you have to be MORE CAREFUL THAN USUAL.

thank you very much...i've seen some hanzismatter translations and don't want to suffer that kind of bad translated tattoo...as you say it will be on my back forever.I'll take your advices and will be careful.

i have another question...is there any place/web/shop where i could ask for a good looking writing of the symbols you've provided me?.I mean somewhere where they could write with beautiful symbols (not so plain as they look on the computer) the words i've asked you for.

Thanks so much

ps:i cannot see the symbol for the word free, could you write it again?thank you.