Chinese-Forums

Apples in China

Guest Anonymous

as far as i know' date=' i don't have any problems using chinese in any messengers.[/quote']

Me neither. Then again' date=' I use Mac OS X, and it has excellent Chinese support. :-)[/quote']

cool! power book or power G series? or i mac?

PowerMac G4 with the 20" Apple Cinema Display as a matter of fact :-) One main thing I like about the Chinese language support on the Mac is that all the fonts are anti-aliased therefore look much smoother. Also, by default, you can input traditional Chinese with Hanyu Pinyin, which some Windows folks have been having problems with unfortunately :- I believe typing traditional Chinese with Hanyu Pinyin is extremely important especially for people who live outside of China or Taiwan and can't get ahold of a Chinese keyboard with the extra symbols on the keys.

I believe typing traditional Chinese with Hanyu Pinyin is extremely important especially for people who live outside of China or Taiwan and can't get ahold of a Chinese keyboard with the extra symbols on the keys.

I was lucky enough to find a batch of Chinese PS/2 keyboards at a computer fair here in California. Price? $3 each.

Of course, it wouldn't take too much work for someone to memorize the positions of the 24 characters of Cangjie. I think that memorizing the rules, secondary symbols, and expections is the only difficult part.

as far as i know' date=' i don't have any problems using chinese in any messengers.[/quote']

Me neither. Then again' date=' I use Mac OS X, and it has excellent Chinese support. :-)[/quote']

cool! power book or power G series? or i mac?

PowerMac G4 with the 20" Apple Cinema Display as a matter of fact :-) One main thing I like about the Chinese language support on the Mac is that all the fonts are anti-aliased therefore look much smoother. Also, by default, you can input traditional Chinese with Hanyu Pinyin, which some Windows folks have been having problems with unfortunately :- I believe typing traditional Chinese with Hanyu Pinyin is extremely important especially for people who live outside of China or Taiwan and can't get ahold of a Chinese keyboard with the extra symbols on the keys.

oh,really! perfect! i used to use power G4 with 17" display in the office (i'm graphic designer), but my PC based on windows, hehe, the Mc is a little expensive,lol,especially in china. right now i'm a freelance.

oh,really! perfect! i used to use power G4 with 17" display in the office (i'm graphic designer), but my PC based on windows, hehe, the Mc is a little expensive,lol,especially in china. right now i'm a freelance.

Aw, that's a shame. From what I heard, there are quite a few Mac user groups in China, mainly in Beijing and Shanghai. The one that I know off the top of my head is Beijing Macintosh User Group, or BeiMac. Also from the news I've been seeing, there seems to be a couple Apple Centres opened up in Beijing and Shanghai. It is a shame that Macs are too expensive for some. Mac OS X has just amazing support for Chinese and other languages.

oh' date='really! perfect! i used to use power G4 with 17" display in the office (i'm graphic designer), but my PC based on windows, hehe, the Mc is a little expensive,lol,especially in china. right now i'm a freelance.[/quote']

Aw, that's a shame. From what I heard, there are quite a few Mac user groups in China, mainly in Beijing and Shanghai. The one that I know off the top of my head is Beijing Macintosh User Group, or BeiMac. Also from the news I've been seeing, there seems to be a couple Apple Centres opened up in Beijing and Shanghai. It is a shame that Macs are too expensive for some. Mac OS X has just amazing support for Chinese and other languages.

yeah, i'll buy one MC as soon as possible, anyways, that's pro. machine for this major. i have heard about this group, the Mr.big of there is a chinese-american interchange student(maybe, i forgot it) in bj, i have visited his web, a little rough...there are some hot MC user forums on the net. but not that one. the users all over the country, but most of them are graphic designers or ad and design co. actually i think china will take a big marketshare of Mc based on the huge population, but seems steve jobs was not interested in china, it's a shame.

actually i think china will take a big marketshare of Mc based on the huge population, but seems steve jobs was not interested in china, it's a shame.

What makes you think Steve Jobs isn't interested in the Chinese market? There have been new Apple Centres opening in Beijing and also occasional promotions. I do believe Apple is doing more with Taiwan though, especially with iPods, but that has more to do with regional marketing.

actually i think china will take a big marketshare of Mc based on the huge population' date=' but seems steve jobs was not interested in china, it's a shame.[/quote']

What makes you think Steve Jobs isn't interested in the Chinese market? There have been new Apple Centres opening in Beijing and also occasional promotions. I do believe Apple is doing more with Taiwan though, especially with iPods, but that has more to do with regional marketing.

yes, but its just the turning point, there r lack of apple official shops in beijing before, it made apple computers were expensive than they should be, most of mc zealots felt disappointed and unfair, anyway,things go better....

actually i think china will take a big marketshare of Mc based on the huge population' date=' but seems steve jobs was not interested in china, it's a shame.[/quote']

yes, but its just the turning point, there were lack of apple official shops in beijing before, it made apple computers were more expensive than they should be, most of mc zealots felt disappointed and unfair, anyway,things go better....

mr. jobs, please give me a xmas gift of a dual processor g5, dual 23" hd cinema monitors and a job as an apple evangelist in china - would be very happy to spread the good word.

as an aside, the uncle of a friend of mine in shanghai developed the first chinese language kit for apple many years ago.