Chinese-Forums

"Limited Access" to internet

Pengyou

Sometimes when I connect to the internet, even though my wifi connection says that I have a strong connection I get the message that says "Limited Access", which really means no internet access. This usually happens late at night through the early morning hours. Is somebody flipping a switch to shut it off at night? BTW, I live in Shenzhen.

Go into your router wireless settings and try changing the channel.

Where I live 1, 6, 10 seem to be used a lot.

Channels also overlap so channel 6 will cause small interference to the 4 channels nearest to it... (4,5,7,8)

Change back and forth till you find something that has a good signal.

• Like 1

This is definitely worth a try.

Where I live now (not China), my Internet used to drop out mysteriously shortly after my flatmate got home. After a couple days of trying to figure what was going on, it turned out to be the wireless keyboard/mouse they were using was causing interference on the Wifi channel. Changing the router to use a different channel fixed the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

the "free" wifi router that came with my internet service seems to be dieing. I want to go shopping for a new one but noticed that the wire feeding into the router is very thin, almost like light gage speaker wiring. Can someone tell me about this?

the "free" wifi router that came with my internet service seems to be dieing. I want to go shopping for a new one but noticed that the wire feeding into the router is very thin, almost like light gage speaker wiring. Can someone tell me about this?

Could you take a photo of the head and post it? I've seen some thinner CAT5 cables lately so it's really hard to know from the description of "thin".

How many cables can you see inside the head of the cable?

The "free" router that came with my broadband service is showing signs of dieing. I can probably get a replacement from the company but the first one is a POS, I am getting the second one will be also. I looked at the router and noticed that it did not have the rj45/10/100 base T cable but a very thin data cable. Can someone tell me about this?

I live in Shenzhen, if that makes a difference.