Chinese-Forums

Summer school multiple entry visa

Resentful8

Hi guys, have read everyone's posts on visa changing - but mine is a bit of a weird predicament and not sure what to do..

basically going to china this summer for a university language summer program, but also want to travel beforehand - thing is that I want to go around china, then HK, then HK to the university town to startt my course -essentially meaning I need a multiple entry F type student visa..?

vi.The following applicants may apply for a multiple-entry F-visa valid for 6 months or 12 months, and the relevant supporting documents should also be submitted:

For a multiple-entry F-visa valid for 6 months:(1)Applicant who intends to visit China frequently on business purposes: a letter from his or her company and the host company in China are required to prove that the applicant will visit China frequently within one year'

I dont think i fit that criteria...so i dont know what to do .. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance!

Where are you from and what passport do you hold? How long do you plan to be in China altogether?

Best bet is probably to just request a tourist visa. Ask for a one year multiple entry visa, with duration of stay each time of 90 days. If you get that you are all set.

If not, go to Hong Kong first, and do your Hong Kong touring before entering the Chinese mainland. Then enter the mainland, go see what you want to see, and finally go to summer school. If the school wants you to have a student visa, they will convert your tourist visa for you when you get there.

Yours is not a rare situation. Many people want to combine some travel with some study.