Chinese-Forums

Dafen Replicas

dementior

Hi everyone!

I want to get a painting done copying a screenshot from a movie. And I want to get a couple of replicas from Guanzhong Wu painting for my apartment.

When I think if I would hang replicas from western famous painters on my walls my asnwer is probably no hehe but I prefer to hang something that looks ok than what I currently have.

So, I was planning to hire some Dafen painter and get the paintings shipped to Dalian where I live.

But it is difficult to make a choice about the person without any advice.

Do you have had any good experience with this? Can you recommend any replica or reproduction artist in Dafen? I see Dafen because I guess the price is reasonable as there is so much competition but other places in China could work as well.

thanks a lot!!

best regards,

alex

With Wu Guanzhong being a pretty famous artist, perhaps you can find his paintings ready-made somewhere, should be cheaper than commissioning them yourself. Does Dalian have anything like an art (798-ish) or art supplies (Liulichang-ish) district? You could go there and ask around if anyone is selling them.

Hi everyone!

First I should have explained a bit what dafen is... Dafen is a "painters town" in Shenzhen occupying a couple of blocks where you can find hundreds of painters that mainly paint replicas but you can ask for anything to be painted.

As for Dalian... I will check again (def nothing like 789), but art is something not very appreciated here I am afraid hehe

Anyway I will post any findings.

thanks again!