Chinese-Forums

Chinese Android App for downloading/listening to music?

pwilliams89

I'm living and working in China now and recently got an Android phone. I sometimes download mp3's to my computer from Baidu, but they aren't always perfect, for example the song title might not show up.

I know it is fairly easy to get free music in China but is there a great go-to app that I could use to download music onto my phone, for example when I use my phone's wifi, and then listen to it offline? Honestly I'd love an app/music player like Baidu on my phone where you can view the lyrics at the same time (so as to help me with my Chinese learning). I've heard QQ music is good, but can you use it offline? I can't understand all the info on the site. Let me know if you use Android in China and what music services you like, thanks.

Well I did say "Android App" in my topic haha. Could you at least tell me what it does on the iPhone? Now I'm curious. Do you download music, is it just a music player, can you view song lyrics? I don't want to just download it without knowing what it is.

If you recommend something, shouldn't you have a reason for it?

I feel like this thread has gotten thrown off a bit, please reply if you currently are an Android user in China and know of some good apps that allow you to download mp3's while possibly playing music/displaying lyrics.

Take a look at the music app from 虾米/Xiami.

Their iPhone app works well for playing music (downloading songs, displaying lyrics, listing popular songs, custom radio stations, etc.) and I have no reason to doubt the fidelity of the Android app.

You can read some reviews of QQ Music here. AFAIK, the iPhone version can save songs for offline listening so the Android app probably has a similar feature.

Let us know how it works out.

• Like 1

The best app in my opinion is 酷我音乐, available on both Android and iOS. Huge library of music from all over the world and all can be downloaded offline. Note that the iOS version allows downloads to the phone but does not give an option to transfer them to iOS's primary music app or your computer. Whilst the Android app is the same, since one can freely explore Android's file system I presume tracks can be easily retrieved. I recommend you also get the PC version - this allows downloads to your PC and if available for your track, allows 320kbps MP3 and lossless downloads.

• Like 1