Chinese-Forums

Want to study at Peking Uni but need a Guarantor?!?!?

broot

• New Members

I am a student wanting to study at an intensive Chinese program in Beijing but the university is REQUIRING a Guarantor.

I live in Shenzhen, dont know ANYBODY in Beijing.

How can I find someone I DONT KNOW to Sponsor me and PROMISE I will obey all laws and that I will be financially secure during my studies there?!?!?!

Is there a company or someone willing to do this?!

I will pay ALL expenses up front, Im not worried about any financial stuff, I just need someone to back me up!

but how?!?! I'm incredibly desperate, I want to finish my application before there arent any spots left...

My email to the university:

I would really like to join your university's Chinese Enhancement Program. I was filling out the online application form and was asked about "guarantor" information., I do not know anyone in Beijing. Is this absolutely necessary?

Their response:

Dear applicant,

Greetings from Peking University!

This is the right office in charge of short-term Chinese language training program.

We require all the applicants should have a PEKING guarantor, NOT JUST A CHINESE one, he or she can be Chinese or other nationality, but must live and work in Beijing.The guarantor should offer a guarantee letter. Attached please find the sample guarantee letter.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

All the best,

The Letter:

Sponsor’s letter

To Whom It May Concern:

I hereby confirm that I will be a sponsor for the international student Mr. /Ms.

From (country).

As part of my responsibilities as sponsor I will ensure that the aforementioned student receives the necessary academic and living assistance during the period of study at Peking University. I will also undertake to ensure that the aforementioned student abides by the rules and regulations of Peking University, and the law of the People’s Republic of China.

Sponsor’s Signature:

Date: / /

Contact Information

Home address:

Home phone No:

Mobile No:

Business address:

This seems like a rigorous and impossible task...

Seems a strange demand if you pay fees up front. I have not come across this before when I (or my girlfriend more recently) have applied to do courses in Beijing in the past. Do all students have to provide this (i.e. is there some special reason they have requested it in your case)? Which university is it?

I would be suprised if you cant find another short term course without this requirement in Beijing.

Seems strange. When I signed up to study at Tsinghua University program they needed a guarantor as i'm self funded... But it didn't have to be someone in Beijing/China. I just asked my Dad.