Chinese-Forums

please check this little text for mistakes

Alleluia

I'm applying to Beida as an exchange student. On the application form they ask you to give in Chinese the reason why you plan to study in China. I haven't used Chinese in six months and am having major difficulties in getting even a few sentences down! :wall Still for this purpose I'd naturally want the text to sound more or less natural. Please comment this attempt. Any huge mistakes or other stupidities? :oops:

我在赫尔辛基大学的亚非研究学院学习东亚研究,我的专业是中国的现代社会和文化。为了了解中国的社会和文化,我一定要学好汉语。我在赫尔辛基大学已经学了三年汉语。我的希望是在中国继续学习汉语,提高自己的汉语水平。

I don't know if I should say something else. The only good thing about this is that the space given for writing the answer is very limited...

我的希望是在中国继续学习汉语,提高自己的汉语水平

Well, Your sentences are all correct grammatically and as good as our native Chinese speakers.

Just the sentence which I quote seems a little bit unsmoothly for me.

我希望在中国继续学习汉语,提高自己的汉语水平.

CHEERS :clap:clap:clap:clap

Thanks guys! I didn't know whether to use 希望 as a verb or a noun, but I'll correct it as florazheng suggested. I just tend to get so nervous over these things. I've been falling to pieces all week because of this application, and boy am I glad to get it out of my hands tomorrow! :clap

For the first sentence,it was being like follows is more smooth:

我在赫尔辛基大学的亚非研究学院研究东亚 or 我在赫尔辛基大学的亚非研究学院研究学习怎样研究东亚 or 我在赫尔辛基大学的亚非研究学院学习东亚研究这个科目

I don't quite understand this sentence, especially the part on bold:

我在赫尔辛基大学的亚非研究学院研究学习怎样研究东亚

What does that mean? Why so many 研究? Anyway, I've already handed in the application so I'm not going to (or even couldn't) change it.