Chinese-Forums

Chinese lit journal Pathlight goes electronic

roddy

Fairly new journal Pathlight is now available in much loved electronic formats. For those of you who don't know the publication, basically it translates and publishes contemporary Chinese literature. The current issue seems to feature some fellow named Mo Yan, apparently a member of the Chinese nobility. I have little knowledge of these matters.

See here for contents and links for purchase. Amazon'll give you a free sample if you want to check it out. If you like it, hassle your university to subscribe. Note that Pathlight is an English language journal - you're in the wrong place if you want Chinese reading practice, although you may well find some authors you like and can follow up on elsewhere.

Full disclosure, disclaimer and discography: Pathlight editors and contributors have variously and separately over the years watched me fall asleep and spill ale on my trousers, helped me gnaw my way through over-ambitious mutton orders, bought me pints and engaged in various forms of economic exchange.

• Like 4

That was a good idea, I emailed them. They said they might possibly start individual subscriptions in Europe later this year, and meanwhile they'll write to my alma mater's Chinese library so that at least the library can get a subscription.