Chinese-Forums

Letter of Invitation questions.

福瑞克

• New Members

Hello! I will be traveling to China this summer for my girlfriend who leaves near Shanghai..

I have my ticket, my passport, and will soon send in for my Visa..

THe only issue is her parents hate foreigners, and would surely not want us meeting, she will be going to beijing for a job so we will go there.

But for the letter of invitation I know it requires her home address...

Will her parents recieved notice from the Chinese government about the letter? If this is so, can I just request a solitary tourist visa and still see her?

It might be more convenient to apply for a regular tourist visa. If I'm not mistaken you need a hotel reservation for that, but all in all it might be less hassle overall. Who you meet with on your tourist visa is totally up to you.

Good luck, also with her parents.

1) Yes a tourist visa is the right visa to apply for (L visa)

2) Even for tourist visas you will need an invitation at almost every Chinese consulate by now, so get it from your girlfriend.

3) However, nobody will come to her parents house to check, so do not worry about it - just get the invitation letter from her, with her home address and apply for the visa.

4) They change visa regulations regularly and different consulates in different countries use them differently. For more detailed information I would need to know which consulate you are applying at and your nationality. But the advice above is valid currently for almost every country.

Doesnt sound like you have much of a future with that girl though if her parents hate you...