Chinese-Forums

Dou Wei

taobenli

Hi, all-

I'm interested in buying a CD by Dou Wei. I haven't heard his music before, but saw that pretty much all of them were offered on yesasia.com. I've heard that his newer stuff is more electronic, which I'm into...someone said his newer stuff is a lot like Air, and if so, I'm sure I'd like it...

I'd be up to listening to his more "rock" stuff, too, if anyone recommends it...Cui Jian is really the only one of the 80s rockers who does it for me...

One other question: has anyone heard Xu Wei's new album (released at the very end of Feb.)? I've heard "Every Minute is Fresh," but how is the new one?

One last obscure question: there was a rock musician named Hou De Jian (from Taiwan, one of his songs had something to do with a dragon) who participated in the Tiananmen stuff with Cui Jian. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Doe wei's 黑梦 was the first chinese album i heard and liked so i went out and bought his newest (can't think of the name right now). I think that is the one to which you refer that is electronic. Anyways, i was thoroughly disappointed. It's really amateurish. It sounds like stuff i did on a a four-track recorder when i was 14 or 15. He should be giving it away for free.

Actually i listened to it again after i posted and though i still stand by my amateurish claim i'll say it is better than what i did on a fourtrack in my early teens. I think there is some problem with the recording. It could possibly be intentional but it sound like the original tape (it was probably done digitally so its probably impossible) got soaked in water. It has a warbly sort of sound that comes across as a mistake. Perhaps thats just my copy?

• 2 weeks later...
The new album from Xu Wei is very disappointing – every song just reminded me of a song from one of his other albums
I agree. Xu Wei was my favorite singer, but his music style has no change during all these years. His special Chinese way of sentimental couldn't move me anymore.