Chinese-Forums

TV - 中国式离婚

Tsunku

We've got a topic going about divorce in the Society forum, so I thought I'd mention this series. I'm watching the 3rd episode on the web right now actually.

This series got a lot of press here in China (the December issue of Chinese Cosmo even ran an article about it!). It tackles exactly the issue of divorce in China. My Chinese friends told me that if I want to understand Chinese attitudes towards love and marriage, I should watch this series.

Anyone out there seen it? So far, I find it to be quite well-done. The production values are higher than most TV serials. It tells the story of a husband and wife and the deterioration of their marriage. As far as I can tell, there is no happy ending. It goes very much for a realistic angle, something you don't see often from TV serials here.

Anyhow, it is a refreshing break from Tang dynasty soap operas.

Typo on my part, thank you for pointing out my big mistake. You know, Chinese is not my native language. I'll edit my post and correct my mistake at once! No need for the link to prove it to me, the correct title was right in front of my eyes even as I was writing the original post.

And I'm not a sir, studentyoung. I'm a female. You should say Madam, as Sir is used for males only. Anyhow, no need to be so formal, this is an internet forum. Sir and Madam are never used in conversational English. I'm not your professor or teacher (am I?), so those forms of address aren't appropriate. Oh well, live and learn.

Have any actual comments?