Chinese-Forums

What does this mysterious text mean?

Guest parapu

Hi,

I found this piece of text in a cardboard box during the summer 2002. I was carrying my furniture and other stuff from my old apartment to the new one. Because I can't read it, it has been a mystery to me. Maybe it's only a mention like "Fragile" or "This side up" or something like that...? Anyway, I would be very grateful, if someone could explain to me...

- Is it readable this way? Or should it be upside down?

- Is it Chinese, Japanese or Korean? Can anyone recognize more detailed location or dialect?

- What does the text mean?

My computer doesn't understand these letters, so I scanned the text and it is shown as an image here:

http://members.surfeu.fi/calligraph/

Please, can anyone help me?

In chinese it says 'Dung Wa Gung Lo Chorn'....'Dung Wa Gung' is the name of the place...'Lo Chorn' is like factory or summat...basically, its just where it comes from.

Thanks, so, it wasn't any "secret code" or something.

"(Made in) Dung Wa Gung's Factory"

Does anyone know, where is that "Dung Wa Gung" located?

You've got it the right way up. It's 东华工艺厂 Donghua Gongyi Chang' date=' that is, the Donghua Arts Factory. The factory's located in the Bao An district of Shenzhen, just north of Hong Kong. Contact information, in Chinese, at the link below.

[url']http://www.clickgold.net/yp/detail.php?id=37644[/url]

Thank you very much! It's seems to be clear now.

Blabby, just a little bit curious, why don't you write that in the familiar Pinyin way? And seems like you're not speaking Mandarin. Which dialect of Chinese do you speak then?

heh heh...I am chinese and I speak Cantonese as my second language. British born...hoping to go to China to teach english hence i've registered here. Parents from HK.

I only know a little mandarin which I translate it to cantonese or to english if need be.

p.s. dont know if i have quoted right...not sure how to!