Chinese-Forums

Two JW202 forms, two different schools, 7 months. X visa?

henke

• New Members

Hi everyone,

Posting this question my girlfriend is currently having... and i would be so thankful for any helpful answers!

So basically, me and my girlfriend, we'll be going to Beijing normal university for a total of 10 weeks for their summer course (A+B) and afterwards, i will head back to my home country and she will be studying further in BLCU for 5 months. September - January. Now, the issue and question we've found imposing us lately is visa, she currently has a tourist visa for 60 days and we've though of rather extending it, it would be more simpler to just get an X visa but as we've discovered, that isn't any easier because to get an X-visa you have to have a JW202 form that says 6 months or more. Unfortately, she has two JW-202 forms whereas the first one says 2 months and the second one 5 months.

Does anyone know if its possible to get an X visa with two JW202 forms that in total says 7 months (5+2)? Also, if someone would like to confirm, we've been told that there is a new rule to be set in china regarding visa extensions in china that takes place in July, which says that extending visa has to have a minimum 7 days of notice before the current expirations date, which is unfortunate because the moment when BLCU can assist in converting visas is 6 days before when her visa expires, i believe.

Any sort of help would be most appreciated!

Henrik

Does anyone know if its possible to get an X visa with two JW202 forms that in total says 7 months (5+2)?

I'm pretty certain this is impossible. The visa is issued according to the information on the form. Since it was a short course, they gave her a tourist visa. If they had given her an X visa, you could extend the residence permit once in China, but I can't see a consulate combining two forms to give you an X visa for the first course.

the moment when BLCU can assist in converting visas is 6 days before when her visa expires, i believe.

Why is this? Just go to the office at BLCU a couple of weeks before her tourist visa expires and ask them to help you switch it over.