Chinese-Forums

Did I get moderated?

Baron

Greetings admins

I posted yesterday asking for reviews of online Chinese lessons. I can't say it's impossible I imagined doing it, but if it really happened, it's gone. It's not in the 'my content' bit.

It was in the general study discussions. Was it moved? Moderated? Is there a rule I missed?

I didn't moderate anything like that, and Roddy's on holiday at the moment so I doubt it would have been him. Is it possible you wrote it but then forgot to hit the 'post' button? In any event, you could also try searching the forums before starting a new topic on this as there are several existing threads reviewing online Chinese lessons/learning.

I seem to remember something which was a very brief one line 'please give me some reviews of online lessons' post or similar. Not sure if that was yours. If it was, try again with details of the types of lesson you'd like, budget, what info you've already obtained, etc. We're not Twitter. Yet.

What's the point of writing a lot of waffle to pad out a post when you have two very specific questions about two specific services? I don't think talking about my budget is relevant when my interest is in others' experience and opinion.

Is this a forum site or a wiki if valid questions are unwelcome? I might not be the only visitor to this site who is curious about reviews of these two sites' face-to-face offerings.

• Like 1

What's the point of writing a lot of waffle to pad out a post when you have two very specific questions about two specific services

Giving others information about yourself so that the question will be possible to answer. You need to give people something to work with. There are no one-size-fits-all answers in this game.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Thought people might be vaguely interested in the kind of stuff we delete in moderation. Here's a sample from the last roughly 24 hours. 9 posts, 10 topics.

Shill post for an earn-money-online app
Three posts plugging a learn-Cantonese blog (one post introducing it directly would probably have been fine), don't bother pretending you're interested in answering other topics and happen to mention your site.
Post on a news topic saying it'd been in the newspaper. Course it had. It's news. 
Two didn't understand the question responses (same person)
A hurry-up-and-answer me bump
Post in wrong topic (CSC question in university topic)

Topics

China car hire ad
Duplicate topic
Two Chinese idiom stories (wow, never seen those before) and an ad for a "must-have" travel Chinese app 
"Where are my posts" question. 
Get paid to test video games in Shanghai - might have been allowed in classifieds, but at 120RMB for 'less than three hours' I didn't think it worthwhile moving
Guangzhou fair translator ad - I don't think we have many Guangzhou fair attendees, and if we do I don't recommend they find translators on here
Chinese school ad.