Chinese-Forums

Playstation 4 and Xbox One

Touchstone57

Hello,

I wondered if there are any gamers out there who are currently in China and what people's experiences are with gaming consoles?

Hopefully everyone is keeping abreast of current news, as Microsoft and Sony have announced the release of the next gen consoles and given details.

I'd love to get my hands on one - but I don't know how easy it would be in China. Do people have experience of importing games to China? Is it easy and if so where do you get them from? (I don't want to be dealing with pirated copies bought in China).

The Playstation 4 will be region free and seems to be the better console right now so I'm banking on that one!

Would be great to hear what people think!

Hi,

Don't get an XBOX 1 !!!!

It requires you to have a constant Internet connection, as it has to connect every 24 hours to authorize the device. If your internet stops, you can't play any games.

Also, it only is authorized to work in 19 countries, and China is not one of them. You literally will not be able to play it -- it is not authorized to use in China so it will fail the Internet authorization test.

There was a pretty good article about the state of the PS3 in China on ChengduLiving but it seems to be down at the moment. I've seen the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii in various electronics shops in China but I really don't know what the state of things are here, PC is the dominant platform obviously.

The PS4 is DRM and region free and just as of this week so is the Xbox One. The online stores might be a whole different story though.

I'm really curious about the state of console gaming in China and if anyone here does console game in China. I haven't had the time or courage to hit any of the hobby game shops here yet.

I have a Xbox 360 bought in Singapore and it works fine here (original games, Xbox live subscription). I don't play online but I do download games and so on. I use a foreign credit card for my subscription and purchases.