Chinese-Forums

Need the help of people with good knowledge in Chinese philosophy/ Chinese classics to identify ideas/the origin of terms

Ciferz

Hello,

I need help with the following expressions:

• 靈臺方寸; and was it originally associated with 心?

• 斜月象一勾,三星象三點也。

• 釋厄

• 又五千四百歲,亥會將終,貞下起元,近子之會,而復逐漸開明。What is the importance of this? 邵康節
    曰:“冬至子之半,天心無改移。一陽初動處,萬物未生時。”到此,天
    始有根。再五千四百歲,正當子會,輕清上騰,有日,有月,有星,有辰。
    日、月、星、辰,謂之四象。故曰,天開于子。又經五千四百歲,子會將
    終,近丑之會,而逐漸堅實。Where does this idea originate from? Is there a school that deems these phases to be irrelevant?

• 斗府

• 金光

• 古者老也,月者陰也,老陰不能化育。

Generally, just post anything you know. Mainly relevant for me is a) which school the ideas are mainly related with b) where they originate from/first appear c) the idea behind them. I am not sure if all of them are popular motives per se, but I am sure that they all have an idea behind them that is related to such a motive.

Thanks a lot!

• 2 months later...
  • New Members

I wonder why after two months had passed, nobody ever thought of answering this post ...maybe it is too difficult?

Anyway, let me try to answer part of it ; I would like to pick the content related to Shao Yong (邵雍) , an outstanding Taoist cum Confucian scholar who lived in the Song Dynasty, his famous saying :

“冬至子之半,天心無改移。一陽初動處,萬物未生時。”

Clearly it is talking about something crucial in Taoist alchemical practice, ie, the importance of the time Zi ("子時") in relation to achieving immortality...

Because when you Google or 國語辭典 something like 靈臺 and get pretty good and clear information, you tend to conclude that the OP hasn't done the dirty work, or there's something that everybody's missing, so you don't feel like helping.