Chinese-Forums

Hello from ChineseBookshop.com

chinesebookshop

Hello everyone, I'm Joshua, the owner of ChineseBookshop.com

Roddy suggested a created a post to introduce myself and the website.

I learnt Chinese at Leeds University and I found that it was tricky finding books that I wanted to read in Chinese. I graduated three years ago and started ChineseBookshop.com just after graduating to provide interesting reading material for learners of Chinese. I hope that you find the website easy to use and if things aren’t clear enough, please let me know and hopefully it can be improved.

ChineseBookshop.com has thousands of books available to purchase. The majority of books are in stock in London and generally the books are cheaper than other UK suppliers. The website has a mix of textbooks, pinyin books, fiction translated into Chinese like Mr Men and Harry Potter and original Chinese literature. We also have Wild Swans in Chinese (complex characters). You can see on the site what languages each book is with the colour-coded symbols (ie 汉, 漢 etc.) Most of the books come from China but they also come from Taiwan, Hong Kong as well as Europe and the USA.

Some of the most popular Chinese learning books on the website are:

Chinese Breeze – Series of graded readers in three different levels.

Capturing Chinese – Read Chinese literature in the original with pinyin.

Learn Chinese Songs which includes a CD and has 19 songs with simplified Chinese, pinyin and English.

Introduction to Standard Pinyin – Book to improve and test your pinyin before moving onto other forms of Chinese learning.

In terms of pinyin books, the books in the Martine series have recently arrived and are good for Chinese learners due to the varied vocabulary and the sentences aren't too difficult. The books in this series are very popular, easier to read than Martine as they contain about one sentence per page and are based on fairy tales.

I found out about this forum as the website got lots of traffic and several large sales from the following forum post: http://www.chinese-f...able-in-the-uk/

(Thanks for Arlo_ for posting that)

Please let me know if there are any books that you’d like to see stocked on the website or if you have any questions.

• Like 2