Chinese-Forums

Butterflies in China

kevinbarry

Da jia hao,

If you are interested in Chinese culture or butterflies I have just put a video up entitled "The Significance of Butterflies in Chinese Culture" which uses photographs and images to illustrate how many Chinese think of butterflies and their place in the culture. You can see it at:

http://vimeo.com/67767405

Hope you find it useful.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. No, I did not know this and I am sorry to hear this is the case. So much in the world gets forbidden by someone and transparency is so often missing.

I use Vimeo rather than YouTube as Vimeo is less restrictive on things like length and image quality. I just produce videos for everyone giving my view of things. China is so large and the culture so rich that a simple video can barely scratch the surface. I just want to add a little to global knowledge of a country and people that I much admire. I learned so much from my time spent with a Chinese family and playing music in a Chinese band; yet I still feel ignorant. I guess all we can do is make our best effort. I hope the current leadership relaxes more and allows its people greater freedom, Vimeo and more