Chinese-Forums

Student Research about Youtube in China and Germany

PopularCultureJonathan

• New Members
PopularCultureJonathan

Hello everybody,

I'm a student for anthropology and I'm doing a research on Youtube stars in Germany and China.

Maybe your are interested in!

1. Do you know one of these Youtube Stars?

- Y-Titty (Germany)

-Backdormboys - 后舍男生 (China)

2. If you know them, what do you think about them?

3. Why are they famous?

4.What do you associate with them?

I'm German but even though I use Youtube a lot I haven't heard of "Y-Titty". I searched them as I was curious, but couldn't get myself to watch more than 40 seconds. Maybe people who like to hang out in a language learning forum aren't the right Zielgruppe? Alder, bohoho!!!

YouTube is blocked in China. Even if it weren't Youku and Tudou are the video sites of choice in China.

You aren't going to get far researching Chinese knowledge of something which isn't available.

Exactly what I thought Cat Jones. It was one of my first thoughts that this was posted just to make everyone go and look, and up the viewing numbers, so I didn't. So I don't know they are like but the titles sound naff.

Well each of these, the Chinese and the Germans, got a few thousand views on YT so someone must have watched them.

But 30.000 views in a few years is nothing when you know that popular Youtubers get between 1 and 2 million of views on each video just within weeks or months.

And I may have been a bit sarcastic in my first comment (cause the pain was still fresh), but in all honesty I don't think you will find people who watch such show in a language learning (or any other activity that involves sitting down and thinking) forum. Not to sound mean, just realistic.