Chinese-Forums

Old Visa and New Visa Question by a Confused New Yorker

MZ3692

• New Members

Hey guys. I'm an American currently staying in China on the tail end of my current L visa. I had my visa sent to my parents in New York. They successfully applied for a new L visa and sent my passport back to me. I entered the country on 04/24/2013 on my old visa which was a 1 year Multi-Entry L Visa that expired on 05/16/13. Given the 90 day limit, I assume I have to leave the country before 07/21/2013 or 07/22/2013. The new visa is a 1 year Multi-Entry L Visa with an issue date of 06/10/13. Currently my old visa has not yet been crossed out. My plan is just to cross the border into like Hong Kong before 07/21/2013 and come back after a few days. Will they just cross out my old visa and let my new visa come into effect? In short, are my assumptions correct/everything in good order? Thanks for reading guys.

• 1 month later...

I saw this question earlier, but kept quiet because I didn't know the answer. (I don't always let ignorance stop me.)

Will be interested in the outcome. Please do let us know. I might find myself in the same situation sometime in the future.