Chinese-Forums

No more HK->SZ(LuoHu) 3 month port visas

Matty

* Read last sentense please

If you're planning to get a 3 month port visa at the SZ border, they're no longer available as of the 1st of this month.

5 day port visa is still available.

If you're planning to get a tourist visa in HK (F visa she told me too), beware they will most likely reject you if you've exceeded 30days or 3 months (not sure which).

I'm currently stuck in HK unsure how to get back to the mainland... Rent is coming up, all my documents and everything - other than passport - are in Nanning locked up in my home.

Possible actions:

15 day visa in Oman if rules haven't changed there -??? not sure

Work visa for 6 months till I can complete finish opening my company.

* All information from border and consulate.

Any ideas from anyone else on what I can do? Other than flying to Australia? How I can get back to finish my business registration?

For tourist visa it is 3 months, for F visa 30 days- u can get F visa for 3 months, but u have to bring them original registration of Chinese company that is inviting u and they make problems with it, I had very similar situation, it is all because of change in their policy

Ok, their new description today is if you've been in China for 3 months or more this year (since Jan) you can not apply for a tourist visa or F-Visa, not even a student F-visa. Unless... You have a HK working permit or are married to a Chinese person.

You can still get an X-Visa and Z-Visa.

Still stuck in Hong Kong =[

Anyone know anywhere cheap to stay? Probably nothing cheaper than Travellers Hostel which is closing soon.

Ok, their new description today is if you've been in China for 3 months or more this year (since Jan) you can not apply for a tourist visa or F-Visa, not even a student F-visa.

Does this also go for those applying from their home country? I heard it is hard to get a visa done in HK now, but say from the States? I need a year long visa for work, Z visa isn't doable, so isn't F my only option?

Any progress, Matty?

Tip on cheap accommodation - you might want to head over to Lamma Island and see if one of the guesthouses there can do you a deal - the Kathmandu Guesthouse (or Hostel or something) run by the people at Bubbles Laundry did me a good monthly deal a couple of years back, and they have some very basic rooms that should be nice and cheap if you can get one, and you can hang out on the beach while waiting. That was off-season though, and factor in ferry costs if you need to be going back and forth.

Sorry for the late responses, really limited internet access while here.

Does this also go for those applying from their home country? I heard it is hard to get a visa done in HK now, but say from the States? I need a year long visa for work, Z visa isn't doable, so isn't F my only option?

Applying from your own country is a completely different matter, but what if anything changed there in your country? I have no idea sorry. There is rumor you can still get a 1 year 60 day, multi entry visa for 6,000 but not really my thing.

Re: Roddy

I was staying at travellers hostel for 80 a night, though that will close next month I think (Tsim Tsa Tsui?) Chung King Mansions, it's a bunk in a room of about 10 people, it's ok.

I'm currently as of yesterday staying with a friend so it's a little better.

Progress is really minimal, I'm working on getting a work visa now for half a year or so through a school and then I should be able to fix everything. Unfortunately everywhere says it takes a month to do a visa now? Really? When did that happen and what did I miss?

Central Library is a good place to spend the day if you're stuck here. Lot's of places to sit, computers, books and air-co. Eat first!

I spent a lot of time in Central Library. Delifrance baked potatoes FTW. Take the time to do some hiking while you're there - get out to Lantau, do the Hong Kong Trail, etc.

"Unfortunately everywhere says it takes a month to do a visa now?"

They're maybe referring everything back to Beijing for checks there?

"Unfortunately everywhere says it takes a month to do a visa now?"

They're maybe referring everything back to Beijing for checks there?

I have no idea, I'd like to ask but my friend is handling everything at that end. It's a little hard to get answers via proxy. And the people she's talking to aren't the people who really understand the process either.