Chinese-Forums

Double-Entry L visa in HK - a few questions

wuluuuw

• New Members

I need to apply for a double-entry tourist visa to China in Hong Kong. I've got a few questions about that.

1)

From the Chinese govmt visa office in Hong Kong: http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/fwxx/wgrqz/t279932.htm

9, Applicants without HK resident status can not apply for multi-entry-visa at our office [really?], and they are required provide their Chinese visa records [what is that concretely?] during the submission.

7, Applicants without HK resident status are required to submit their applications through the Chinese Embassy or consulate office around your resident country. [so I need to go back to Europe?]

What is all this supposed to mean? It's really confusing me. Are these rules actually applied?

Can I still just go to the Chinese embassy in HK and apply for double-entry L visa in person?

Or does it only work when I use an agency?

2)

(also from their website)

Under some circumstances, the applicants may be required to provide financial proof, a copy of Chinese hotel booking and return flight ticket

a. So do I need hotel booking? Is it sufficient if I book one just for the first night or for how long do I have to book?

b.What kind of financial proof, how much money do they want to see in your bank account?

c. Do I necessarily need return flight ticket?

3) Last question: What if I ask a friend to invite me to visit them?

a. Can I still get double-entry L visa?

b. Which documents do I need to provide except their invitation and ID card copy?

c. Hard to get it granted? Any troubles likely to come up?

Any answers / comments will help. Thanks a lot!

I can't answer your most of your questions, but I can refer you. These folks know the ropes and have a good reputation (despite the childish website design.)

http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk/

This is a quote from their site:

"Singe-entry and double-entry tourist visas are available. Multiple-entry is not granted for tourist visa."

Trying to figure this out by using the government website is not the best way to go about it.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI , if the visa extent for 6 months. Maximum only can be allowed to apply 1 entry(s). This is the new regulations. I just knew this last week. If 3 months they are disallow us to apply entry(s). I have been told by the official over here. 8)