Chinese-Forums

Health check for foreigners back home

Dextermorgan

Hi there, I have to go back home to the UK and will re-apply for my z visa.

Previously when I came to China, I had to do a health check before I went to the Chinese embassy to get my visa processed. It was troublesome, expensive and took some time.

I've spoken to some friends and they've told me they didn't do any kind of health check until they arrived in China to get their residence permit. I also have another friend who signed a waiver explaining that he'd pay for his own flights back if he failed the health check in China.

My question is, is it possible to get my z visa processed in London without doing the health check for foreigners exam? If so, how?

I think for the Z visa you need to get the health check done before you apply for it back home. I seem to remember needing to get the health check before my company could apply for the certificate of foreign expertise or whatever it's called that you need to apply for the Z visa.

Can't you get it done before you leave China? It's really cheap and quick to get it done at the health clinic in Haidian. You will have your health certificate in less than a week.

• Like 1

Sorry to clarify, I needed the medical before applying for the Z visa in the UK. It was one of the first pieces of paperwork I had to hand over. Therefore I'd already had to have it done before returning to China to get the residence permit.

I know that when I applied for a X visa, the medical was after being issued the X visa, but before applying for the residence permit. it's a different order.

The medical seems to be needed earlier for the Z visa application. My partner just had to do the same. Check with your company at which stage you need it done as you may well need it to get the paperwork for the initial Z visa.

Either way, it's much cheaper and quicker to get it done in China rather than the UK.

Yeah, it would be much cheaper and quicker to do it here, but I leave for the uk on Monday, so I don't have enough time. If I knew they would accept a medical done in china at the London Chinese embassy, I would have got that done.

Never mind! My doctor is full booked until the 24th July, and even when I do see him he'll have to send me to the local hospital to do the ECG, x ray etc. I'm wondering if I'm better off going to a private hospital to get it done ASAP as my return flight is already booked for August 15th.