Chinese-Forums

HK Airport 15th birthday celebration 慶祝赤鱲角機場15週年 空姐地勤組快閃黨跳勁舞

skylee

15 years already, wow. I remember the old airport well, you could almost see people making themselves a drink in their kitchens as you flew in - or is my memory playing tricks. I do remember (November '93ish?) flying in when a CAAC plane had overshot the runway and was still in the water while the airport carried on as though nothing had happened.

• 5 months later...

Last week I got stuck in traffic on the way to Heathrow, meaning I arrived at the check in desk an hour later than I planned, and the super grumpy Cathay supervisor said that as it was 59 minutes to take off, they'd closed the desk and there was no way I was getting on the plane. He then told me to go to another Cathay desk to be transferred to another flight. At that desk they were really helpful and they actually tried to get me onto my original flight, but then the supervisor came over and shouted at us all, and reiterated that there was no way I was getting on that flight.

So got transferred to the next London - Hong Kong flight which admittedly was only 50 mins later than my original flight, but that original supervisor was a real arse...Girlfriend got me into the  the Cathay Wing lounge on the way back to London, where I thoroughly abused the hospitality  :twisted:.  If that supervisor in London was less of an arse I'd have wouldn't be bothered about being transferred to another flight, but he wasn't, so I say, Cathay, sod 'em!

• Like 1