Chinese-Forums

X Visa, what to do now?

ZakClements

Hi guys, new here!

Joined because I had some questions but I like the look of this place!

Anyway, I applied to BLCU and got the Hanban scholarship and recently the admission letter. With the admissions letter came the pre-filled in Study Application. Since then I've filled a normal Visa application and a supplementary application. Scanned a page from my passport and gotten some small photos for the visa. I'm heading to the Chinese Manchester Embassy this week and i'm not sure what to expect.

It's quite a drive from where I live and I don't want to arrive for them to send me away because I haven't got something or haven't filled in the forms right!

Firstly, section 2.6 of the normal visa application is on medical insurance. it asks to filled in the name of the company (if you have medical insurance) and your account number. The scholarship covers me in terms of medical insurance as I am lead to believe, so what do I put here?

Secondly, section D of the supplementary visa form confuses me "If you are applying for a visa in a country or territory other than the country of your nationality, please fill out the following:" following this questions such as "What kind of visa or residence permit do you hold?" (I'm applying for this visa, so surely none at the moment?) "do you have permission to return to this country or territory with the visa or residence permit above?" (eh?)

Finally, if everything's fine and dandy, will they post the visa to me? or do I have to make the awful drive back to Manchester to pick it up?

Sorry if it's a heavy first post!

The help would be intensely appreciated though,

Cheers guys!

• Like 1

1st: I'd leave it blank since we don't know exactly which insurance company will cover you

2nd: It's only relevant if you're not a UK citizen or a passport holder, so ignore it.

3rd: It really depends. For my case, I will have to pick it up myself from the application center (Not directly from the embassy). Though I'm they would have a postal service.. I mean, it's not practical for someone (your case for example) to travel long distances just to apply for it.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...