Chinese-Forums

Please test this handwritten hanzi site

Qhanzi

I got 26 visitors to the site! Thanks to the people who tried this out. I didn't realize it didn't work with the Internet Explorer (should have tested that myself!). I will also update a version to work with Internet Explorer shortly.

I noticed one but which is that after closing the site and navigating to it again, the previous strokes are remembered but not shown (Win7 64, Chrome 28.0.1500.72 m).

This sort of stroke by stroke input is a bit awkward but has some uses, for example a learner looking up a printed character that they don't know. For a native speaker the sort of handwriting input on iOS, Android, or the Pleco dictionary is far superior for native speakers and advanced learners, as it accepts cursive input. Even that is pretty awkward compared to a good Pinyin IME most of the time however.

Is it supposed to show a list of characters that match what I write? For me it only shows the strokes that I've written along with a number beside each stroke. There is no list of characters that match what I've written. This is on Firefox v22, OSX 10.7.5, with cookies disabled by default for all websites.

For me when I returned I did see the strokes from my last visit.

There is a row of characters to the right of the that appear as I write in the box, but I can not do anything with them.

I am using Chrome version 28.0.1500.72 m.

Is it supposed to show a list of characters that match what I write?

Yes, it should display something like the following:

zm2pHdg.png

For me it only shows the strokes that I've written along with a number beside each stroke. There is no list of characters that match what I've written. This is on Firefox v22, OSX 10.7.5, with cookies disabled by default for all websites.

Thank you for this information. I was able to reproduce the problem and I have now resolved it. If you have time to try it again and confirm, please let me know.

I checked it out. It is smooth to write characters and my character 我 got recognized without any problems and it appears on the right side...however, as others mentioned, then there is nothing I can do with it. are you planing on adding more features ? definitions for characters ? example sentences? or what is exactly the purpose

regards

Marcel

Tried it again, still has last visits character in the box for me. Can highlight and copy the characters to the clipboard, so some progress.

As others have asked, what's the end plan for this little gadget?

It is interesting but where's it going?

For a native speaker the sort of handwriting input on iOS, Android, or the Pleco dictionary is far superior for native speakers and advanced learners, as it accepts cursive input.

I don't have data for cursive input, if there is some available data somewhere for this I could try making it, but I only have data for the stroke-by-stroke input. This system has a hidden feature where it doesn't depend on the order of the strokes. For example see the following image:

7OP5Qbn.png