Chinese-Forums

Looking for the name of online conversation game/competition (I.S. ?)

KingEliaerts

Hi all!

Let me start by an excuse: it's my first contact with this forum, so sorry in advance for any possible fails against forum policies.

Let me give the question some context and explanation.

While travelling through Vietnam I met a (very interesting) Chinese girl living in Shanghai. When we came to the topic of how she spent her time in China she mentioned she made money by working/playing a game/program which revolves around conversations between 'players' in certain sevrers/rooms. Conversations can relate to any kind of topic and I seemed to understand you have to put down some interesting lines about the topic. The conversation also has spectators and a server owner (?), who in the end decides a winner who receives a certain amount of money. The amount of money can vary.

That's about all of the basics she told me. I can give more details but I don't want to stretch this post. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about from line one. I tried Googling it but the amount of condensed keywords to use here are limited. She said the game was called I.S. (as an abbreviation of something) but Google won't help me. Maybe because it's basicly an all-Chinese concept.

So question two - if someone understands what I'm talking about here - would be: can you give me any link to a website which contains more information (a wikipedia page for example, an article, etc.).

Thank you for reading this post.

Jef

• New Members

hello. http://d.ispeak.cn/ Maybe it`s what you are seeking for. IS is a voice chat software which is popular in china. Let me give you some advice about searching. http://www.baidu.com/ ,the chinese people use this websit more frequently. I found that the hosts for IS have a salary, I don`t know wether it`s true or not. Hope what I said can help you. :D ah,my english is so poor.

While browsing this forum I realised - or 'realized', because the majority of users seems to come from the States - most of you are not Chinese, but foreigners discussing Chinese. Maybe someone can suggest a better forum for me to ask the question on?

I realised - or 'realized', because the majority of users seems to come from the States

Well, if you want to get specific, the owner of the forums is Scottish, and the other Admin (me) is Australian, so you're unlikely to have any problem using the correct spelling of words :wink:

Anyway, the post above yours has what appears to be the answer.

Thanks for your reply MissQ477!

The searching website will be under my thorough research the coming hour ;)

http://d.ispeak.cn/ Maybe it`s what you are seeking for. IS is a voice chat software which is popular in china.

About ISpeak: I'm pretty sure that's not it. She said she had to type. Not speak. Also, to add some details: it was more of a competition. At least, that's what I could make out. If you are good at writing about a subject (and subjects can differ in a wide range), if, I believe, you could entertain the spectators (who can follow the text you're writing on the server) you could gain the favo(u)r ( 8) Imron) and in the end you can earn money. Not at all like a salary - she explicitly said sometimes she could earn one hundred dollars, sometimes nothing.

I think you will find that a sweeping statement like this "because the majority of users seems to come from the States" is not a good thing to do.

​I was born in Canada and now live in the UK.

There are also a few people on this forum, that are actually in China, I also think that there is a fine spread of nationalities here.

But as imron says you seem to have got your answer.

Good luck

Not at all like a salary - she explicitly said sometimes she could earn one hundred dollars, sometimes nothing.

I'm guessing that's just something that was lost in translation and the poster didn't mean 'salary' in the normal English sense, but rather that you can just earn some income from it.

I think you will find that a sweeping statement like this "because the majority of users seems to come from the States" is not a good thing to do.

I'm sorry if it arrived bearing another meaning then it was supposed to hold! I just scrolled through Wushijiao's post about learning Chinese and a lot of American locations popped up concerning repliers. Maybe it was just the post. It was something I noticed, no sort of declaration. Bad estimation of me :)

If only you'd asked her for her number ;-)

Oh you don't know me Roddy :wink:

I'll ask her more information, but I was like: "how hard can it be to find a big Chinese online game". That was before I realised how Google is NOT helping me to discover the Chinese net.