Chinese-Forums

Where I can buy or download good audiobooks in mandarin?

sangajtam

I would like to learn mandarin, using LR method. (Listening reading - you look in text in your native language and at the same time listen to it in target language, for me - mandarin).

But the text to read has to be interesting. So maybe anyone know how can i download or buy with paypal some good mandarin audiobooks like for example something from Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, Harlan Coben?

thanks.

I'm unfamiliar with the LR method, but if you want a good audio book to help you learn grammar, sentence structure, and use of words, I'd recommend Pimsleur Mandarin Chinese I. You can buy it online or rent it from your local library

EDIT: forget about my post, I'd misunderstood the "LR method" process. In fact, the problem would be equivalent in any language.

--------------

Old post:

As far as I understand the "LR method" (discussed extensively in the forum How To Learn Any Language), if you apply it to Mandarin from the start, i.e. before you know any character, you will encounter a big problem: when listening, there's no way you can tell where you are in the text and match the audio Chinese against your written translation.

You could first use Chinese books with interlinear pinyin (in addition to characters). But good luck finding, on the one hand, a Chinese book with interlinear pinyin (there are many) AND, on the other hand, a corresponding translation (the more literal, the better, by the way), PLUS the audio version of the Chinese.

On the other hand, as I just mentioned, there are many many readers with interlinear pinyin and characters + audio. But they are supposed to be used after you know a certain amount of characters. And they would not be considered long enough to apply the LR method. And I've yet to see one with translations.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...