Chinese-Forums

Christmas at Chinese Universities?

Craig

I was wondering if Universities such as BLCU and others had classes on christmas day. I know the government is offically atheist, and Dec 25th isn't a national holiday but i wasn't sure how that worked with schools that are largely populated by foreigners. If anyone could let me know that would be great :clap

Well, a friend of mine is currently studying Chinese as an exchange student at Fudan university in Shanghai and there the foreign students had a Christmas holiday of about ten days or so. As far as I know the holiday was only for the foreigners' Chinese classes, so probably all other classes went on as usual. Don't know about the universities in Beijing though. Personally I'd like to know if they do this at Beida, since I'm going to spend next year there.

yeah at Fudan they have hols for Xmas. That's because they have a great number of international students there.

Anyway,at Tongji , we had a party in class on Christmas eve. We weren't supposed to but we convinced the teachers. No one feels like studying on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.