Chinese-Forums

叫兽:看不见的女朋友

dnevets

I was looking around on Youtube for something new to watch and found this: 看不见的女朋友, by 叫兽.

You can see the video here:

and there's a list of his other stuff on the right side of the screen too.

It seems like he's a short film maker; his stuff ranges from just a couple of minutes long to 20 minutes or more. This example in 25 mins.

I'm recommending it because:

a) It is really well made, and is genuinely funny

b) It is double-funny if you read both the Chinese and "English" subtitles all the way through. The translation is often hilarious: sometimes English, sometimes pinyin, or a mixture of both, and often bears no relation to the original Chinese. I'm assuming it has been done like this on purpose for extra comedy value, and it really works! (Though I guess it'll be lost on many people that decide to read only the upper or lower line, and not both...)

The language used is not difficult, and storyline is not difficult to follow either, so anyone who's in intermediate territory could enjoy this.

25 minutes well spent - the best Chinese video I've seen in a long time (or... ever?). I'm impressed enough that I'm going to work my way through all of his videos when I have the time.