Chinese-Forums

F-visas in HK possible?

zhouhaochen

with the new visa rules, this is all one big mess at the moment. If anyone has recently (as in the last two weeks) been to HK to get a new visa, please let us know about your experience. We have a student who didnt apply for his visa through us, so he is in a bit of troulbe now and we are trying to help. Free tsingtaos and Beijing duck guaranteed!

The only agent I know that can still do F-visas in HK is Everbright (http://www.fbt-chinavisa.com.hk/). However, they are completely overworked and will not even answer their phone anymore.

If anyone knows, could you please let me know

1) Another visa agent in HK that can organize F-visas (or maybe M...though I have never actually seen one of those so far) in HK for people who have an F-visa invitation letter? From my previous experience the embassy itself is very unreliable and the only effective way of getting a visa done within an acceptable time period is a good agent.

2) How long an F-visa in HK can be applied for? From what I heard at the agent it was something like 7-14 days for an F-visa, which is ridiculous, but as they can be extended in Beijing should be ok.

PS: longer tourist visas from HK seem to be completely off the table, just FYI for everyone. Make sure you have your visas sorted before coming to China!

uh, just saw it, thanks. That answers the question indeed - sorry I should have checked there first, went through all the threads, but not the "pinned" ones...rather stupid.

If an admin sees that, feel free to delete this thread. Will post in the other one once we know more.