Chinese-Forums

University exchange (1 semester) apply in Hong Kong

required information

• New Members
required information

Hello, I am a UK citizen and a current university student in the UK. I did one semester exchange in China as part of my degree, and then applied for and was approved for a second semester of exchange.

I have a Hong Kong ID card, and am a 'resident' of Hong Kong with no limitation of stay or anything, but I'm not a Chinese citizen. Therefore I believe I have the ability to apply in Hong Kong.

My passport has:

• L visa from 2012 - I stayed for 1 week in Beijing with my friend and then went home.
  • F visa Single entry 6 month for my exchange program.

These were both issued in the UK. I passed my course. Which is a 3 hour a day, 5 days per week mandarin course at a state university in China and totally official paperwork and stamps certificates etc. The second semester is also the same and is part of an offical exchange program between my universities.

[The first and second part were approved separately and the insurance and so on does not cover the periods in between etc.]

I will visit Hong Kong, and then another country for a wedding to see a sick family member (not in the UK) and then after a few weeks return to China to do the second exchange.

I would like to apply for another single entry 180 day F visa for my second exchange, I would like to apply on the 20th of August In Hong Kong. as as Short term study / Exchange program.

Do you think there will be any issues with this? I have new invitation letter, JW202 form, HKID, valid passport. I'll be applying at the consulate and will not be immediately re-entering mainland, but do so after several weeks.