Chinese-Forums

The weakest link in the chain for Chinese internet

Pengyou

I have fiber optic broadband in Shenzhen. When it works it is really fast - esp at downloading files. There are times, however, when it just does not connect...usually at night, but sometimes at other times. What is likely to be the problem? If I replace my router will that help? Are there any parts of this equation that I can change?

As far as I can work out, the unpaid work experience kid with the glorified title of "intern" is left in charge at night and, of course, gets bored, so he or she plays around with the settings.

I was working on something important (to me) two nights ago. At 1:10 am the entire local internet shut down. At 2:05 it re-opened,

Try asking for a refund for the lost time on your internet subscription next time you really have nothing to do!

• Like 1

• New Members

Two suggestions. 1) Reboot your router and your computer and actuall power-off the router so it will reset when you plug it back in. If that doesn't work ... 2) Go to Control Panel, select internet options and reset your default settings and then "add new network". Follow the direction of the wizard. I envy you with your fiber optic connection. It takes me 10 minutes to download one high resolution photo in Beijing. Enjoy!