Chinese-Forums

Verifying Physical Examination Records at the Airport

tytzer

My University (Beijing Foreign Studies University) did state that I have to get my 'Physical Examination Records' verified by the quarantine department at the Airport. I have already done it at my local hospital when I applied for my X-Visa (TungShin Hospital for those who wants to know). So it begs the question, is it really necessary or required to get it verified?

All medical certs will need to be verified on arrival in China. This is the land of fake everything remember, so naturally they are suspicious of foreign documentation. Your documents could be fake, and you could be coming to China with TB or any matter of other nasties.

I've never heard of med certs being verified in the airport though, it was my understanding that it had to be done at the health clinic in Beijing. Remember that you need to bring all the original paperwork with you, including x-rays etc.

I have the same issue. The problem is, that when I applied for X visa, my original health certificate (the one every foreigner needs to fill in at he local hospital) has been taken from me and the consulate told me that they needed the original one. Is it ok to come with a copy?

• 1 month later...

Remember that you need to bring all the original paperwork with you, including x-rays etc. 

i've read a lot about this and the physical exam form for foreigners, but last time i did a medical check (in nanning), they had me fill out a slightly different form and the results came in the form of a little red booklet sort of like a passport, without any images of any x rays (this was the first time i had to do the health check).

now i am wondering if this was done correctly and will be accepted (the school that had me to the above medical found out later they couldn't provide a visa so i haven't had to use it yet).