Chinese-Forums

Marriage in China

ChiMex

• New Members

I will be going to China on a tourist visa and will attempt to marry my girlfriend. What are the steps in doing this and what documents do i need.

I need a invitation letter so my girlfriend is trying to do it for me but is there a format for this. Also does she need to send by mail or photocopy is fine when i go apply for a visa .

You'll need a letter from the US embassy which states your single. You'll also need to get this translated into Chinese and notarized.

As for your invitation letter, I don't believe there's a standard format. However, it should include your personal information (DOB, passport number, full name), when you'll be entering the country, when you'll be departing, your travel itinerary in China, and where you'll be staying. You'll give this to whomever is processing your visa; either the embassy directly or a courier service (if you're using one).

Congrats!