Chinese-Forums

HSK Offered Monthly?

bluetortilla

I spent several hours trying to figure out the HSK test schedule, and it does seem it's now being held once a month at testing centers. I only added the question mark in the subject field in case it varies from center to center.

http://www.chinesetest.cn/index.do

You can easily register online.

All this might not have been confusing to you all in Beijing or Shanghai with a lot of centers but it was quite difficult work for me finding testing centers here in Guangzhou with updated schedules (one schedule was from 2008!). It was also confusing to find official looking schedules from places like Beijing Language and Culture University only to realize that you need to go to Beijing to take the test.

In fact, NONE of the registration databases are up to date for next year, even on Chinesetest, which caused me a great deal of frustration as they are ambiguous. What I mean is that if you try to register online now, you'll find you can only do so in November or December. Searching several sites, I took this to mean that the tests in the centers near me ONLY offered the HSK in November and December (they do not list the year), which did not make any sense at all to me and is not the case. So you can note that wherever you are that at least theoretically you should be able to take the teat once a month.

That's great news if you fail, or say, you pass the 5 and want to go for the 6.

If you are trying to get into a university, you can imagine how disconcerting it would be to take the HSK in December, nine months before the new school year in September! While I would fly to Shanghai to take the test if I really had to, there's no doubt next year we will see the registration d.b. on www.chinesetest.cn updated.

Here is a link to the 2014 schedule:

http://www.chinesete...t.do?id=7337585

Also, when you register, you'll have a choice of center, but i'm sure there are more than are listed. I wish I could easily find them! The center near me only offers the computerized test, but I would take either. I don't know, however, if the center will conform to Hanban's schedule, or if they'll skip some or several months. But it's fine with me as long as I can get into a late-spring/early summer date.