Chinese-Forums

Government school, Z visa in hand, no contract signed, am I blacklisted?

歐博思

I was all set to go to teach in a government school in China. I had a Z visa invitation letter in hand and everything good to get my Z visa. BUT then some life happened and I couldn't go. It would be nice to have known sooner so I could have told the school in question, but it didn't happen that way. SO I told the school the bad news. They of course were "very disappointed, and few schools could get a visa so fast", etc, etc. I offered to pay the postage and visa application fees as goodwill, since I really intended to go and I feel bad for costing them time and money. But the thing is, seeing as I never really signed anything, would I still be liable to be blacklisted as they claimed? For some reason I feel its very possible...

I doubt you would be blacklisted for this. Some employers are full of hot air and will spout threats. There are many schools that can get you a Z visa, so I'm sure if you find a different school you won't have any problems if you try again in the future.