Chinese-Forums

Z type Visa seriously worried help please!

John10101

• New Members

Hello,

I have had a job offer from an employer in China for marketing/ hospitality/ teaching and requires him to get me a permit for a Z type visa. I am however very worried that the Chinese authorities will decline me as I am 22, still awaiting degree results ( which might not be good) and still waiting for TEFL certificates. Can anyone put my mind at rest and advise/ discuss with me my chances.

Thanks

You will likely need to provide a copy of your degree certificate and TEFL certificate during the process of obtaining an Z-visa or, after that, your residence permit.

If they plan on hiring you as a teacher, they won't even be able to get the ball rolling without these things...

I would wait until you have the certificates.

Also, if the employer tells you to come over on a different visa (tourist) and they will change it once you get the documents, then I would question working for them at all.

Good luck with that plan B

I managed to get my Z visa on the strength of a transcript from my university with a signed and stamped letter attached (this was before I had my degree "in hand", as it were). I was also 22 at the time. I doubt you'll have much hope if you don't even have all your results yet, though.