Chinese-Forums

"Budget & Control"

Alex Whiteman

Offshoot of this thread. . .

I want to translate "Budget & Control" for a business card idea I have.

For Budget I mean the budgeting activity as it takes place in an organization; more or less encompassing: information gathering and compiling from all departments / activities / projects, also estimating the evolution of different variables over time such as inflation and exchange rate (and it's impact on the figures) and scenario analysis.

For Control I mean the controlling activity as it takes place in an organization and as it is also inevitably linked to the budget. . . to the plan. It encompasses the tracking of certain variables over time (production, costs, investment, etc. . .) and the (vs. budget) deviations analysis that is implied in the reporting - which may in some cases even consist of feedback as to whether the budget process itself was properly executed or not; thus closing a cycle.

So. . . I'm looking for the best Chinese equivalent of these two ideas. Be it "Budget & Control", "Budgeting & Controlling", whatever; the point is that people quickly know what's it all about.

Ok. . .

Seems like 预算 doesn't have much ambiguity. . .

For Control (controlling) I have 控制 and 调控 so far. . . Which one is better?

Remember I'm thinking about these terms as used in corporate culture. . . not necessarily the first thing that comes out of the dictionary.

Mainland. My Chinese friends are also pointing at 调控, so it seems like that's the one.

My remaining question would be if it's better: 预算和调控,预算与调控,预算 调控. . .

Not sure which sounds more professional. :P

As always, it's two separate activities; control-of-the-budget is included/implied but so are activities that exclusively have to do with either one.