Chinese-Forums

射雕英雄传 questions

sandytjan

Hi, I'm currently reading 射雕英雄传 third revised edition. I've read it in translation before, so I'm not totally at sea. However, there are some poetry and other bits that I don't entirely comprehend.

Could anyone help me with a translation of the following passages? (I don't know if this is the appropriate thread for this request, so if it isn't, please let me know where I should post).

1. “今岁春来须爱惜,难得,须知花面不长红。待得酒醒君不见。千片,不随流水即随风。”’

2. 黄老邪录朱希真词

人已老,事皆非。花间不饮泪沾衣。如今但欲关门睡,一任梅花作雪飞。

老人无复少年欢。嫌酒倦吹弹。黄昏又是风雨,楼外角声残。

刘郎已老,不管桃花依旧笑。万里东风,国破山河照落红。

今古事,英雄泪,老相催。长恨夕阳西去,晚潮回。

These are poems composed by 黄药师.

The following are quotations from 欧阳修's poems. I can't find any English translation of these anywhere, I guess they are just not among his more obvious ones.

3. 江南柳,叶小未成阴。十四五,闲抱琵琶寻。阶上簸钱阶下走, 恁时相见早留心,何况到如今.

4. 定风波

“把酒花前欲问君,世间何计可留春?纵使青春留得住。虚语,无情花对有情人。任是好花须落去。自古,红颜能得几时新?”

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

1. “今岁春来须爱惜,难得,须知花面不长红。待得酒醒君不见。千片,不随流水即随风。”’

The spring of this year has come, and it need to be prized. This is rare, the flowers are not always so colorful. When I am awaken, you disappeared. Thousands of the flowers fell down, gone with the water or wind.

2. 黄老邪录朱希真词

人已老,事皆非。花间不饮泪沾衣。如今但欲关门睡,一任梅花作雪飞。

I have been old, everything is different. I don't drink during the flowers, but my tears make my cloth wet. Now I only want to close the door and sleep, no matter how the flowers fall down like the snow, I don't care.

老人无复少年欢。嫌酒倦吹弹。黄昏又是风雨,楼外角声残。

The old cannot be young and happy again. I don't like wine and music any more. After the dusk, the rain comes, I can still hear somebody is drink outside.

刘郎已老,不管桃花依旧笑。万里东风,国破山河照落红。

Mr. Liu has been old, he doesn't care the peach blossom is still laughing. The wind blows, and the nation is fallen, the mountains the rivers are red.

今古事,英雄泪,老相催。长恨夕阳西去,晚潮回。

The history often make hero's tear fall down, and age will not allow us to do the big things. We can only hate the sun has gone, and go back home with the wave in the night.

I'm going home now, I will give you the rest of translation latter.