Chinese-Forums

How should 抓出成效 be interpreted?

anonymoose

I came across the phrase 抓出成效 and a Google search shows that this is a fairly frequently-used phrase. From the context, it clearly means something along the lines of "yield a result", but I don't fully get the precise meaning and scope of usage of this phrase.

I have a number of questions:

1) Is 成效 the object of 抓出, or is 出成效 the complement of 抓? If its the latter, then what is the object of 抓?

2) I know that 抓 usually means "grasp", but how should it be interpreted in this situation?

3) Is 抓出成效 applicable to any situation in which one is "getting a result", or does it only apply to certain situations? In other words, I would like to know when I can use this phrase myself.

Some examples:

把意识形态工作抓出成效

坚持不懈地把安全生产体系建设抓出成效

各级人民法院要时刻牢记自己的庄严使命,清醒地看到未来面临的严峻挑战,清醒地看到我们肩负任务的艰巨性和复杂性,增强危机意识,把抓落实的问题十分严肃地提到全体干警面前,制定科学的工作方案,提出切实可行的工作措施,尽快付诸行动,尽快抓出成效

These topics all seem to be fairly formal. Would it make sense to say something like 你应该改善学习方法抓出成效?

抓出成效, to my understanding by the examples you offered, sounds like to do whatever to reach some goal.-- '有一番的作為,做出 / 弄出 / 達到想達成的效果'. I rarely read phrases like that. As skylee said, it might be mainly used in Mainland China. 

Hope it helps!

1) Is 成效 the object of 抓出, or is 出成效 the complement of ? If its the latter, then what is the object of ?

成效 is the object of 抓出, a compound verb formed by and 趨向動詞 .

2) I know that usually means "grasp", but how should it be interpreted in this situation?

According to the sixth edition of 現代漢語詞典, can mean ‘加強力量做(某事)、管(某方面)’. The dictionary gives such examples as ‘抓工作’, ‘他分工抓農業’, ‘把經濟抓上去’.

3) Is 抓出成效 applicable to any situation in which one is "getting a result", or does it only apply to certain situations? In other words, I would like to know when I can use this phrase myself.

Well, 抓出成效 is what I call the Party’s language, out of which the phrase is rare.

Two things: 

1) Top row of the editor buttons: the 'Paste' and 'Settings' icons will help you strip formatting before pasting in (ie, if you copy from a website with pink text, you can use these to avoid posting pink text on here. 

2) If it's happening on other sites then it's some kind of plug-in, probably adding links to commercial sites. Does it happen if I write sixth edition? 

I think it's the latter. In this thread, there are three such phrases, i.e. 'Google Search' in the first post, 'Mainland China' in the third, and 'sixth edition' in the fourth. When you move your mouse over such a phrase, a box will pop up, which will direct you to another site if you click 'click here' which is on the box.post-32043-0-19112800-1382619725_thumb.jpg.

Sorry for going off topic, Anonymoose.

• 4 weeks later...

把意识形态工作抓出成效

--In this sentence, "工作" is the object of "抓",“抓工作” means 集中力量做这个工作。“抓出成效” means this work should be done efficiently.

坚持不懈地把安全生产体系建设抓出成效

--"体系建设" is the object of "抓"。 Means the construction of the system should be efficient.