Chinese-Forums

Gigs in Beijing (6-15.5) and shops selling rock music?

Vellu

I'll be in Beijing 6-15.5. (my first trip there), and I was wondering if anyone knew about possible rock gigs for that time, or, if someone could tell me where to find out. That's Beijing-site used to have great listings, but not anymore...

Furthermore, some time ago I asked about places where to find chinese rock albums (and posters etc.), and I was directed to an article by that's Beijing-magazine, which, of course, ironically, is also not online anymore. If someone could mention a few places (preferably NOT selling pirated stuff), I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Try cityweekend.com.cn, which recently did a pretty massive upgrade of their website, presumably trying to sneak into the gap thats beijing has temporarily left open. Not sure if they have gig listings,but at the least they'll list the venues.

For CDs, you might want to try the incredibly mainstream FAB, in the basement of the shopping mall at the bottom of Wangfujing - stocks loads of stuff from Modern Sky records among others. It's going to be an uphill struggle to find non-pirate stuff though.

Roddy

Do you read Chinese?

Apparently Cui Jian (China's original rocker) has opened a new bar called "Xin Hao2 Yun4" bar, 新豪运, New Lucky Bar), which hosts nightly performances, presumably rock. Just do a google search for 新豪运 when your date approaches, and you'll probably find a new show schedule online.

The website "Let's Rock" also has a list of upcoming shows. It's all in Chinese, though.

http://www.letsrnr.com/Article_Class2.asp?ClassID=4

See also this rock 'n roller magazine hosted by BeiDa students: http://music.newyouth.beida-online.com/

新豪运酒吧每天晚上都有精彩的原创乐队演出,新豪运酒吧欢迎您的光临!!!

演出咨询电话:(010)84483335

业务联系电话:84483339 81221584 13051495865 杨帅(演出)

业务联系邮箱:yangshuai.bar@263.net luckybar@263.net

Address::北京市朝阳区东三环女人街对面星吧路酒吧街院内甲一号

Beijing, ChaoYang District, 3rd Ring, Across from "Nü3Ren2 Jie" ("Woman Street") , XinBaLu (XinBa Road) bar street complex, #Jia3 One

(The direction is kind of complex, isn't it?)

http://bt.sina.com.cn/message/200503/13/10002/1810.html

新豪运酒吧4月份演出 [分类错误指出] [不良信息检举]

发布人:foxggmm

4月29日(星期五)

张楚新豪运演唱会

门票:80元 学生票:60元(当天限量80张)

预售票:60元(限量200张,预售时间4月1日开始)

时间:2005年4月29日晚9:30开始

4月30日(星期六)

飞遍中国——废墟全国巡演北京站

门票:30元

时间:2005年4月30日晚9:30开始