Chinese-Forums

F Visa Return Trip

funenthusiasm88

A little help here please folks!

I was working with an NGO in China earlier this year. As an employee of this NGO I was given a multiple entry business F visa. In early October I had to come back to the US to handle some personal matters and am just now in a position where I can consider going back to China. I am still technically an employee of this NGO, but won't be doing the same work that I was doing before. I plan to move to Beijing around the end of November and live there until February, when the current F visa expires at which point I'll hopefully have some kind of employment that will furnish another visa. 

I'm a little uncertain about whether or not I'll be able to get back into China under these circumstances. Are customs officials going to send me packing at the airport or does it sound like I'll be okay to go?

Thanks!

as long as your visa is valid you should have no problem, unless your employer canceled the visa, which I imagine is quite a troublesome process, at least I have never heard of anyone that happend to. So you should be fine. In general the Chinese authorities do not check what exactly you do on your visa, as long as it is valid, thats fine.