Chinese-Forums

Intern for 3 months with F visa - need to extend stay for another 3+

artp

• New Members

Hi,

I've been unable to find an answer to my question, and wanted to ask on here before I go ahead in applying for a visa.

I'll be starting an internship in Shenzhen for 3 months from January. After the internship I plan to go to Shanghai (or another city) in search of more (unpaid) work experience - but I can only search for a position when I'm actually in China or SH - meaning nothing is confirmed right now.

Will it be simple for me to apply for a single entry (or multiple if need be) 6 month F visa without having anything arranged for the last 3 months? My understanding is that if I obtained a 3 month one, it would be difficult to extend as I won't have a supporting document from a company in time.

Apologies if this information is readily available.

• New Members

I'm also staying in China until August. I'm now feeling that this was a poor decision.

I will probably end up having to go to HK to renew my visa?

Can anyone shed some advice as to what visas I'm likely to go through from Jan to Aug?