Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

@cmoss Thank you really much for your information, it helps me a lot. the health form link is working tho. thanks!.

I got the same question as Alex_01, about the "Contact in China"  ,  i dont have any, and in the post of Brian US he said u can made up this part,in other words, fill some fake data and nothing wrong will happen, is that true?. im kinda scared about that, i dont like lies.

I read kdavid's study plan.

I am wondering, should I write mine in English or Chinese. I was going to do it in Chinese (I did) however, after seeing his in English, I am second guessing it. What did most people do?

• New Members

Hello I'm applying for the CSC, i will apply for undergraduate programs in Shanghai.

1. the study plan can I use computer and then print it out or do I need to use handwriting?

2. Can someone show me example of the letter of recommendation? because I never had one.

I've seen conflicting information on the website (different places on it), and on here stating the length of the study plan. Some say 200 words, some 400, and some 800. What's the deal with this? As a language student, I'm not even sure I need to submit one?

I just filled out the online application! My schools in order of preference: Xiamen University, Zhejiang University, and Nanjing University. As you can see I'm looking to spend some time in the south. This is because I was in the north last time I went to China so I want a change. I'll be shipping out all the papers later this week.

Good luck to everyone who's applying!

Hey ya all,

I have a question about the notarizing. The application requirements say I need two copies of my diploma as well as two copies of my transcripts sent in with the application and notarized. Here is my question. Do I make the copies then get each individual copy notarized or do I get the original documents notarized and then make the copies? 

@phdaspirant 

Students from North America are generally in high demand. However, some hotspots like Beijing or other happening cities have a high volume of students applying, especially for the one-year programs, so one is less likely to get their choice in such a place. You have three choices so spread yourself about. 

Hi! i'm from Nepal..today i went to chinese embassy to know about CSC scholarship and they said first nepalese ministry of education will conduct an exam around last week of february and they have got 25 quota for scholarship in 5 majors..if passed that exam then only embassy will receive the documents and forward to CSC headquarter at Beijing...what is the procedure in other countries?? 

can i parcel all required documents to CSC headoffice directly to apply for scholarship and give exam here  as well..btw. i intended to enroll for my masters degree in mechanical engineering.....

It's been a long time since I've long while since I've posted on this community, I should rectify this. I applied last year in 2013 and was successful, I'd be happy to give others advice from my experience. I applied within China directly to the university and have been here ever since on scholarship.

@paperbagprince

I had the same question as you at the time, I just wrote mine in Chinese in the end. I thought it would make a better impression if I used Chinese to write it, I also had it proofread and cleaned up many times by Chinese friends. I had a friend who wrote it in English and didn't get the scholarship, but it could have been something else in her application that hurt her. I think both should be fine. 

@octarema 

I typed up my study plan and printed it out. 

They are not too picky about the style of the recommendation letter, a quick google search will bring tons of good standard recommendation letter. 

@geometry

I don't think language students need to write them. I think thats just reserved for master's and phD. I guess it'd be a plus if you did write a little something, I don't think it could hurt at least. 

@wackokid7

What I did was first make a copy of the original diploma and then get that copy notarized, and just send in two copies of the notarized diploma. I didn't get it notarized twice.  

Can I ask a question? Can I apply directly to my target university? Because based from what I have read, the process of application here in the Philippines takes so long. If I will send my application to my target university, will I still be considered to the other two universities that I listed on my application? Will the process still be the same? If not, what steps should I do? Btw, I am applying for a Chinese language training program. :)

• Like 1

• New Members

hi every one, i am from D. R. of Congo. i am wondering on the way to send the documents as for instance i do study in India and that on the online application i have fill the agency number of one of the universities that i am applying to. what would be the better step for me to go.

Hey, short question about what's a smart timing of doing the Foreigner Physical Exam:

Since the PFEF is only valid for 6 months, did any of you have troubles with their PFEF expiring before you could apply for a visa (cause you hadn't had the confirmation about the CSC yet)?

I'm wondering if I should wait with taking the Physical Exam since I don't want to do it twice...

Thanks,

Michiel

@MVB, as the validity of physical report is 6 months and your entry to china would be in september, if you want to take it only once then it means you would have to take it in march/april or later, but if your CSC application deadline is now then you have to take it now, and be mentally prepared to take it again before visa application ! 

@jobm, i am no expert on CSC applications, but to me it seems reasonable that you mention your choice of 3 universities when filling up the online CSC form and send the form and documents to these 3 universities separately, atleast to me it looks alright but better consult with experienced folks here or the embassy or university officials to be sure !