Chinese-Forums

My stuff: English-English dicts for Pleco, hanzi/HSK tools, word charts/graphs...

alanmd

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to a great idea from Roddy about listing tone combinations I added an Advanced Search tool. This allows you to search for words by pinyin or hanzi using wildcards/regular expressions. You can filter by specific HSK level, and can either view a simple word list (with popup and clickable info) or see complete definitions inline.

A few examples:

The possibilities are endless.. let me know if you find it useful, and feel free to suggest new features!

Updates:

17th December: I added a "Download flashcards" feature to that page that serves up a text file of the results list you are viewing, just in case anyone is still reading this thread and feels like giving it a try...!

18th December: You can now choose how the list is sorted, and can search for subcomponents and compounds of a list of characters. Some of this might be a bit over the top, but it allowed me to tie the advanced search and the dictionary together quite nicely.

19th December: Added some inline help to my 汉字 analysis tool, it is now usable without having a Computer Science degree, try it here.

30th December: You can now see HSK and all words homophones (words same pinyin spelling), both ignoring and taking account of tones: http://hskhsk.pythonanywhere.com/homophones?chars=1&tones=yes&expand=no&hsk=yes

Edited by alanmd
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...